Saturday, June 25, 2011

Supervisor Conference and Feedback

The meeting was very good. I had contacted the Superintendent well in advance and arranged to meet during our regular meeting time to discuss the plan. We were very efficient due to the lack of time available before the Administrator's Retreat began. We discussed each point and added a few things. Likes included the items in my plan that address current outstanding needs:
• Job Descriptions
• All activities relating to Assessment
• PI Policy
• PD Plan for Assessment

Changes that were made include:
• Activity 16a – change from HS handbook to our District Employee Handbook
• Activity 36a – removal of Social Media from activity
• Activity 22a – focus on new program at Elementary to feed every student breakfast

Very smooth meeting, mainly because we had talked through the whole process planning my intern plan. I felt the plan should meet two needs, learning for Superintendent, and help the district along the way. So we have been mostly on the same page throughout.

1 comment:

  1. Looking at your change in 16a, I did something similar. I need to work on having a district-wide focus, instead of just campus-wide. My superintendent viewed my plan similar to what you mentioned, except he said, "I look at this as free labor, I'm going to put you to work!" He has. :)

    You had asked me in an earlier comment about DMAC vs Eduphoria. I've worked with both. DMAC as a teacher, and Eduphoria currently. I much prefer Eduphoria as I feel it is more user friendly and there are different components that can be added to it. Such as Help Desk (district technology request), Aware (data and assessment), PDAS (love the iPhone app for walkthroughs), a professional development portfolio tool, and a few other components. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete