Sunday, February 12, 2012

5399 Week 4 Reflection

Just like the job entry plan, as I work through my first year of being a superintendent I will have to plan to reflect.  The most effective way for me to reflect on the everyday happenings in the superintendent office is to write down all important information as it happens.  This is a skill that will not come naturally to me, so I will have to commit fully until it becomes natural.  I believe this notebook will provide a log of things that have happened during the year and also provide ample documentation for any issue.  Another idea I took from a friend who worked in corporate leadership is to use a voice memo recorder. He carried it around in his pocket and if you asked him to remember something, he would pull it out of his pocket and record a short message to himself. I think I could do this with my phone or an app and would not even need to carry a separate device, but the idea is good.


Either way, writing or audio, I will need a tool like this to keep me on track with everything that happens during the course of a day, week, and year. I think it is vital to not only complete tasks, but to also provide a way for documentation of important events, conferences, ideas, decisions, and celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment